There are various types of methods that are used for scar treatment and depending upon the skin type of the individual the treatment method is decided after consultation with the client. All the scar removal procedures are safe and done by experienced professionals.
Any kind of injury burns or physical trauma can cause scars on the skin of an individual. What any person must come to terms with is that a scar never really goes away it can be only be lightened or faded to a great extent. When any type of injury or bruise heals it leaves behind a scar. Some scars are temporary and some scars are permanent.
There are many types of scars that a dermatologist has to treat :
- Keloid Scars: When the healing process is aggressive then such scars take place. It can also hamper movement. Some of the types of treatment that are used are surgery, steroid – injections, silicone sheets or cryotherapy which uses liquid nitrogen. Gel pads and pressure treatment are also used for Keloid scars.
- Contracture Scars: When skin gets burned then such scars occur. It tightens the skin because of scarring and hampers movement. Contracture scars are deep and can affect muscle and nerves.
- Hypertrophic Scars: These scars are reddish and are raised from the surface of the skin. Treatment for such scars that are generally used are steroid injected into the afflicted area or silicone sheets to flatten the scars.
- Acne Scars: Acne scars last long but they can be removed. These scars can be deep pits that form or angular. When treated properly the acne scars can fade permanently.
There are various types of treatment depending upon the type of scarring that has taken place. Some of these could be prescription creams or ointments that are available over the counter.Other types of treatments are skin grafts, excision, laser surgery or dermabrasion where the skin of other parts of the body is sued to remove or improve the conditions of the scars.
ACNE SCAR REMOVAL
- Alpha Hydroxyacids which is used in all types of acne scars
- Lactic acid which helps to lighten acne scars
- Retinoids which can be used for atrophic scars and depressed scars
- Salicylic acid which is used by dermatologists for all types of acne scars
Some of the in office procedures that dermatologists perform are:
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Resurfacing
- Filler Treatment
- Micro Needling
Microdermarbasion treatment is also done at the clinic which a minimally abrasive instrument to sand the skin and rejuvenate it from skin damage. It helps to remove the thicker outer layers of the skin. The treatment of microdermabrasion is used for improving the discoloration of skin, damage from sunlight and light scars.
Removal of age spots and black head scarsThe types of improvements that this technique can perform are:
- Lighten the patches of dark skin that appear
- Exfoliating the rough outer skin surface
- Reduce the stretch marks
- Improve the wrinkles and lessen fine lines
- Remove enlarged pores from the skin
- Lighten or remove acne scars